IT Analyst / Programmer H/F
|Reference:||IT BSE 19|
|Location:||Bury St Edmunds|
Boortmalt (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group Axéréal) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year. Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world. By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
The IT Analyst / Programmer will be responsible for the maintenance of the Company’s ERP and other IT systems. The role reports into the Group IT Manager and is part of a small team based in Bury St Edmunds.
The main focus of the role is to support the new ERP landscape (JD Edwards) in the UK. The IT Analyst will also provide support to the wider IT landscape which includes our Quality Management System.
In this role, your core responsibilities will involve:
• Ensuring the “business as usual” support of the UK ERP
• Problem solving
• Analysing issues, designing, testing & implementing solutions/fixes
• Solving issues in the data interfaces of the software solutions..
• Playing a key role in system upgrades and software releases.
• Playing a key role in report writing (Data Access Studio, BI, Crystal Reports).
• Ensuring structured documentation of all software solutions & procedures:
• Structurally planning activities, align on requested input from others and clearly report status to management.
Given the multi-site nature of business, travel to the other group sites is part of the role
With a strong working knowledge of ERP system flows, SQL, Visual Basic and Excel the successful candidate will also have familiarity with SSIS/DTS packages along with skills in reverse engineering. Planning, analysis, development, testing and implementation of IT programs. are also required. Experience of manufacturing environments is desirable .
Communication skills, curiosity, drive and resilience are the key personal attributes we are looking for.