Continuous Improvement Manager (M/F)
|Location:||Antwerp (Belgium) or Bury St Edmunds (UK)|
The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative. The company is one of the largest industrial malts producers in the world and employs 300 people. From 10 locations in Europe, Boortmalt produces 1.1 million tons of malt per year, of which 50% is exported to developing markets outside of Europe. In addition, approximately 50% of the total European malt export passes through the Port of Antwerp, making Antwerp the malt capital of Europe, and Boortmalt its logistic heart. The customers are large international brewers and distillers as well as smaller local breweries all over the world.
Reporting directly to the Group Operations Excellence Manager, you will proactively contribute to the Boortmalt operational activities through Operational Excellence, by developing teamwork to drive site business performance to deliver sustainable year on year performance improvements to both internal & external customers at most optimal cost.
Your role will involve:
• Ensure all activities on all sites are carried out in accordance with the Group Operational Excellence program (BOPEX).
• Develop & drive an integrated BOPEX (Boortmalt Operational Excellence) team to continuously improve plant performance in line with business strategy requirements and reducing overall maintenance lifecycle cost.
• Ensuring plant always produces product to customer specifications.
• Setting internal operational standards and measurement of process capability through KPIs.
• Reporting of operational performance and adherence to both internal and customer specifications.
• Undertake root cause analysis of any out of specification result and recommend effective corrective & preventive actions to avoid reoccurrence in line with the applicable CI techniques.
• Optimisation of malting plant performance – quality, safety, cycle times, costs etc….
• Ensure Operational readiness for internal & external customer audits and technical reviews.
• Lead site teams into the development of new operational tools and systems to improve and sustain our business.
• Lead site teams implementation of Continuous Improvement within the Operational function to deliver the 5 year Business Plan strategy.
• Ensure all site activities fully meet the needs of the business.
• Develop site Benchmarking systems internal & external to drive business to “best in industry”.
• Share “best practice” across all sites to optimize Group synergies across functions
• Explore further opportunities for improving business performance by challenging our full supply chain “from field to brewery/distillery”.
• Participate in Group activities when applicable.
The ideal candidate will be graduated to a master degree level (preferably Science/Engineering) or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 5 years within a senior or managerial operational continuous improvement function in multinational industry, ideally with a strong cross-functional focus.
- Fully familiar with Lean Manufacturing principles, Project Management methodologies and 6 Sigma techniques.
- Familiar with ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001 systems and HACCP.
- Candidate should be fluent in English & Dutch (French is an advantage)
The candidate has to be open minded and prepared to travel to all our maltings located in Europe of which travel within UK will be around 50% of the job.
Candidate can be based in Antwerp (Belgium) or in Bury St Edmunds (UK).
Do you want to be part of our "Masters of Malt", don't hesitate to apply by clicking on the button underneath.