Lead Site Engineer (M/F)
|Location:||Glenesk, Montrose, DD10|
Boortmalt (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group Axéréal) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.25 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year. Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world. By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
This role is accountable for the engineering function at at our Glenesk Maltings and will lead the team to maximise efficiencies and minimise operational downtime.
The post holder will lead and be very much part of the site engineering team. The role is a mixture of "hands on" tasks, working alongside other engineers in the team whilst also being responsible for the development of the engineering function at site.
Responsibilities include :
• Along with the site managers driving a culture which puts health and safety as the priority.
• Development, management and utilisation of the asset management system (Maximo) to facilitate a proactive approach to maintaining the assets on site.
• Lead and work alongside the engineering team in executing the PPM program and in providing a responsive approach to minimise downtime and other losses.
• Management of budget for engineering spend and engineering CAPEX projects.
• Ensuring full compliance with statutory, legal and our Company standards in terms of food safety, quality and environmental standards. Maintaining appropriate records as required to demonstrate compliance.
• The Lead Site Engineer will be involved in the site CI and Operational Excellence activities.
• Occasion travel is required to visit other sites or participate in Group engineering meetings for example.
The person we are looking for is a multi skilled engineer with an electrical bias. Ideally with engineering experience of the malting or similar industries, for example grain or food processing industries.
Candidates should have experience of leading and managing small teams.
IT literacy is essential to use and develop the asset management system.
Skills in PLC programming (Alan Bradley) are an advantage.
The candidate will need to be flexible and live in a reasonable commute to provide scheduled on-call cover.
Fluent English is essential to the role