Maintenance Manager (H/F)
Boortmalt (the malting business of the agro-Industrial French cooperative group Axereal) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
• Manage maintanance and repair of all production, processing and
• Develop & drive the maintenance team and the maintenance
organisation system (Maximo) to continuously improve plant
performance in line with business strategy requirements and reducing
overall maintenance lifecycle cost.
• Perform corrective and preventative maintenance.
• Support the installation of new equipment.
• Ensure all repairs are documented in Maximo.
• Undertake root cause analysis of any out of specification result and
recommend required corrective & preventive actions to avoid repeat
• Assist with customer audits and technical reviews.
• Comply with all procedures, regulation and policies applicable.
• Become an energy expert in malting
• Participate in BOPEX (continuous improvement) program as well as
Group operation projects upon request of the Group Deputy COO.
• Apply safety rules and take responsibility in making apply the safety rules
and develop the Boortmalt safety culture
• Assist with production process management to become a maltster over
the next 3 years.
• Be available for the guard service
- Graduate in recognised technical/engineering discipline. Notions of Biochemistry are a plus.
- Being hands-on is a must as the Gembloux team is very small.
- Have the ambition to grow towards a site manager job.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience working in the repair and maintenance of machinery in a food or drink manufacturing environment.
-Awareness of HACCP, food hygiene and safety requirements are also required. Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills. Excellent people management skills.
-Language / IT: French and English fluent, IT appropriate for graduated engineers