IT Analyst/Programmer (M/F)
Boortmalt (the malting business of the agro-Industrial French cooperative group Axereal) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
The IT Analyst/Programmer will be mainly responsible for the maintenance of the Company's ERP and other IT systems. Next to that, installing & maintaining hardware and dealing with network issues are part of the job. The role reports into the Group IT Manager and is based in Antwerp Belgium.
In this role, your core responsibilities will involve :
* For the ERP suite (JDEdwards, Operra (for Barley procurement), LIMS (for quality management) & the Weighbridge solution), ensure the "business as usual" support : °issue analysis, design , testing, implementation and structured feedback for fixes & changes
° follow up & issue solving on the interfaces connecting the
* For the ERP suite, be involved in the preparations (analysis, design , testing, set up of user authorisations) for the continuous rollout within the group (to UK, Ire, Hungary & Croatia).
* Play a key role in report writing (Data Access Studio)
* Play a key role in system upgrades and software releases.
* Ensure installing of hardware : mainly laptops and desktops yet also servers,
AD accounts, group policies
* Support users with the software & hardware issues on solutions managed by
the IT team.
* Manage the support of the telephony central (maintenance & upgrades)
* Provide (at least) analysis of network issues, suggesting solutions and following up issues to resolution, liaising with the network team in France.
* Plan, execute & check the daily tape backups for all servers
* Test disaster recovery plans
* Focus of the support is on the plants of Antwerp, Gembloux (Belgium) &
Given the Multi-site nature of business, occasional travel to the other group sites is part of the role.
The person we are looking for ...
Has a proven experience of (min 4 years) in support
* in manufacturing & sales industry
* showing deep experience in & understanding of business processes & concepts in procurement, sales, production, quality & finance domains
* configuration and use of ERP system & data flows
* installing hardware
* providing support on network issues
Has a strong applicable knowledge and experience of/in (min 4 years)
* Interfaced environments (XML, SSI)
* SQL databases
* MS Access/VBA
* Service desk environments directly supporting end users, using ITIL
* hardware installation & network set up and maintenance
* infrastructure knowledge of Veeam ware
*planning, analysis, development, testing and implementing of IT changes/programs
Has the resilience and personality to succeed in a small IT team.
* Positive mindset and service minded
* Independent, creative and analytic
* Technical knowledge to individually identify, trace and resolve problems
*structrally plan activities, align on requested input form others and clearly
report status to management
* Strong written & oral communication skills to buil the relationships with users
colleagues and stakeholders
* A curiosity and drive to understand our business and improve our processes
Speaks fluently English & Dutch. Knowledge of French would be an important plus
Is living within 45 minutes driving distance from Antwerp.