Group Quality Manager
|Location:||Antwerp - Belgium|
|Role:||Quality, hygiene, safety and environment|
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
As the Group Quality Manager reporting to the Group Chief Operational Officer, you will develop, implement and lead the group quality management strategy and processes to ensure that our products and services meet the legal specifications and customer requirements.
Your role will involve :
• Develop & implement the Group Quality management strategy and processes in accordance with the group strategy and the business targets.
• Inform, coach and lead the Quality and Laboratory teams across the different geographies to ensure standardisation and harmonisation of our quality system & processes on all sites.
• Lead the organisation, planning, implementation and control of our quality assurance and quality control programmes, and laboratory performance at Group level to further enhance our industry leading reputation
• Responsible for interpreting, translating/embedding and assuring compliancy against several Quality management standards into our business through intensive facilitation with the Plant Managers.
• Actively organise, monitor, participate and follow up of our Internal and External Auditing programme ensuring continuous compliancy of our installed standards across the business.
• Deliver an effective communications strategy for the continuous improvement and awareness of quality issues across all plants.
• Ensure full track and trace of quality documentation and compiling reports.
• Maintaining Group Quality management & Food Safety certifications.
• Liaise with customers on any technical queries, providing support to resolve potential issues to minimise potential risks or complaints.
• Review customer specifications and advise all relevant internal parties on how to establish compliancy with new/changed requirements.
• Prepare and report quality KPI’s to senior management.
Due to the multi-site nature of our business, frequent travel is essential
The ideal candidate will be graduated preferably in Quality Management or Science.
- Proven experience in similar position within a food industry, with a good understanding of factory operations.
- a working knowledge of Malting/Brewing processes HACCP, food safety regulations.
- Strong team leadership qualities, a logical approach and good attention to detail.
- Fluent English essential. Dutch/French is a plus.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of international career opportunities; an attractive salary and benefits (company car, bonus,Warrant plan, profit sharing scheme, hospitalization & pension plan) , please submit your application by clicking on the button underneath.