|Location:||Antwerp - Belgium|
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
We are a fast growing business operating in the Malt industry offering a very wide range of international career opportunities.
As Deputy COO based in Antwerp and reporting to Group Chief operations officer, your role is to set strategic goals for Boortmalt Group and drive/ implement action plan(s) on a site per site basis over time & within business guidelines, to ensure that every Boortmalt site is always “audit ready” and our business is recognised as “best in class”.
In this role, your core responsibilities will involve:
- Work with the Site, Plant Performance & Engineering Managers to ensure all maintenance of the plant and equipment in line with the strategic objectives for the site
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with laid down standards including SOP’s, Health Safety & Environmental etc…
- Drive Continuous Improvement via KPIs (SMART) year on year across all sites.
2/ Statutory/Legal Obligations
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all current legal & statutory obligations including, but not limited to, SHE, HACCP, Environmental, Food Safety and Employment Legislation.
- Fully participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of Group Business Management Systems and Bopex in conjunction with the Group functions.
4/ Continuous Improvement Focus
- Fully and positively participate in all Group improvement initiatives ensuring any changes to working practices, policies or procedures are communicated to and actively supported by the team and are in line with best practice (where appropriate)
- Ensure our business systems and ways of working always present our employees, our sites and our Company in the most positive and professional manner to all visitors but especially customers.
- Inspire, lead, motivate, direct and develop site teams through a recognised/structured Operational Excellence approach so that they deliver the highest possible level of personal and collective contribution to the Business Goal. In particular
- Create and maintain a positive and results orientated environment where mutual trust, confidence and respect for Boortmalt culture and values prevails
- Develop, with agreement from the Group COO, implement and maintain appropriate structures and manning levels inline with business needs
- Prepare & operate within annual budgets, 5Y BP etc… to deliver agreed business strategic objectives for the business.
- The ideal candidate will be graduated preferably in Agriculture/Foods /Science/engineering or equivalent by experience.
- Proven experience within a managerial operational function ideally in a multi-site and intercultural environment operating in the Malting/agri-food or drink industry.
- Fully familiar with Continuous Improvement principles, Energy Management, Process visualisation, Budget and Team Management, Total Safety.
-Strong leadership attributes with exceptional interpersonal communication , and relationship management skills are required.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a high-growth environment, while managing team cohesion to deliver results.
- Frequent travelling between the different sites is part of the job expectation
- Fluent English essential.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer an attractive salary package and a variety of benefits (company car, bonus, profit sharing scheme, hospitalisation/pension scheme).