|Role:||Quality, hygiene, safety and environment|
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
We are a fast growing business operating in the Malt industry offering a very wide range of international career opportunities
As the EHS Manager based in Athy under the responsibility of the Group EHS Manager, your role is to provide a safe working environment for our employees, contractors, customers and visitors, promoting an open and proactive Health, Safety & Environment culture with the full involvement of our people & complying with Health, Safety & Environment legislation and statutory requirements.
In this role, your core responsibilities will involve:
- To drive the Health, Safety & Environment strategy for Boortmalt in Ireland, including the standardisation & harmonisation of our SHE culture and people behaviour.
- To deliver highest Health, Safety & Environment standards at reasonable cost – in line with overall business objectives.
- Work together with the Site Management team to ensure all maintenance of the plant and equipment in line with the strategic objectives for the site.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with laid down standards including SOP’s, Health Safety & Environmental etc…
- Be the referent for the Environmental Protection Agency and manage all the requests of this environmental organism and others.
- Ensure mutual understanding of individual roles and EHS responsibilities;
- Develop and implement training and development plans to improve people skills and competences.
- Prepare & operate within annual budgets, 5Y BP etc… to deliver agreed business strategic objectives for the business in Ireland.
- Develop and/or implement reporting systems to track EHS performance in Ireland.
- Degree level or equivalent in Safety and/or Environmental management.
- You have a proven and strong experience (min. 5 years) as EHS manager ideally within an international environment in a food/ agri food or drink industry.
- You have been working in an intercultural environment and handling change processes.
- Fluent English essential.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer an attractive salary package including a variety of benefits (bonus, profit sharing scheme, pension scheme).