Administrative & Indirect Procurement Manager
|Location:||Antwerp - Belgium|
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Reporting directly to the Group CFO and in supervision of the Group Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for:
a) For the Procurement manager part, excluding Energy and Barley purchasing:
-To lead the Boortmalt group purchasing strategy for all indirect goods and services (Capex, R&M and other fixed costs are included) in order to improve Boortmalt purchasing power and conditions to generate cost savings (value creation) in compliance with regulatory requirements, the Boortmalt Ethical business policy and the AXEREAL Group purchasing strategy (when available).
- To improve suppliers’ payment terms for Boortmalt.
b) For the Administrative part:
- To act as a dispatcher in order to fix any administrative request directly (first line) or, when necessary, significant and/or urgent, to dispatch to the appropriate AXEREAL internal department (i.e.: legal, insurance, patrimony). To be the link to the parent company and the main point of contact for the administrative, insurance and legal matters in cooperation with the AXEREAL legal, insurance and patrimony department.
- To provide first line legal support & assistance regarding the potential claims and/ or business projects/studies. For the more complex matters, validation of the AXEREAL legal, insurance and patrimony team is required (i.e. acting under the functional authority of the Group Head of Legal Affairs for legal, insurance and patrimony matters).
- To lead, keep on track and be the main point of contact for the legal matters and any insurance covers related to Property & Business Interruption, Liability Cover and/or any other local insurances in cooperation with the AXEREAL Insurance team.
- To represent Boortmalt’s interest in the Board of ATO (a 50% owned joint venture) and to manage any administrative matter regarding that Cie.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Master degree in Business Administration.
- Dual qualification purchasing / business administration is required given the scope of the role.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic purchasing processes, financial procedures including price, cost/bid analysis and budget management. Excellent oral /written communication and negotiation skills.
- A strong proven track-record in leading and delivering varying aspects of negotiation & purchasing management. A proven track record in working successfully in a fast-paced, team environment and on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines with a wide range of internal and external stake-holders based in multiple locations.
- Be well organized, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English, Dutch. French is a plus.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities; an attractive salary and benefits (company car, insurances, bonus scheme) please submit your application by clicking on the button underneath.