Head of HR Belgium/France
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
We are a fast growing business operating in the Malt industry employing more than 200 employees in Belgium & France throught our 3 plants.
As the head of HR based in Antwerp, under the responsibility of the Group HR Manager, your role is to implement the HR strategy in Belgium/France and to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and procedures in compliance with local regulation, HR Group strategy, and Business objectives.
In this role, your core responsibilities will involve:
- Oversee the payroll of all Boortmalt employees and outsourced staff in your scope in coordination with the HR team and the payroll providers.
- Handle with all topics related to the compensation and benefits (Health cover, Pension plan, bonus schemes, car policy).
- Manage all HR processes from the start of the employee into the company to the leave.
- Provide an advisory and support service to all Belgium/France Management in their daily people management tasks but also in the restructuring and development business projects.
- Support and ensure the proper implementation of HR initiatives aligned with the Group HR Strategy.
- Manage day to day employee relation issues.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process as well as on boarding process and induction plan.
- Assess training needs to implement and monitor training plan.
- Ensure legal compliance and legal watch.
- Ensure effective internal communication on HR related topics.
- Develop and implement reporting systems (Headcount, Forecast, and Budget).
- Promote activities aimed at growing the culture and values of the business.
- Analyse information, data, identify trends, and recommend solutions to improve employee satisfaction, performance and retention.
- Manage the Belgium HR Manager, but also the HR person of contact on French site.
- You have a Master degree and a proven and strong experience (min. 5 years) in an international and operational HR environment.
- You have been working in an intercultural environment and handling change processes.
- Fluent in Dutch/ French, & intermediate level in English required.
- You have strong social and interpersonal skills.
- You are a team player, have a good organizational and leadership capabilities.
- Maintain and practice a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Frequent travelling between the different sites is part of the job expectation.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities; an attractive salary and benefits (company car, bonus, profit sharing scheme, hospitalization/pension plans and income protection scheme)