Craft Manager UK
|Location:||Bury St Edmunds|
|Role:||Commercial / Marketing / Sales|
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
The Craft Brewing in the UK is a rapidly growing sector. Between 2013 and 2015 the number of breweries in the UK grew by a third and this trend continues. Its an exciting time to be part of the industry.
Boortmalt are looking to recruit a Craft Manager for the UK market. With the recent launch of the Pauls Malt brand its an exciting time for the role. We are looking someone to establish Pauls Malt as the favorite in the craft brewing sector. You will have the scope to further define and develop the UK craft business to deliver value and volume growth. Whilst the role is primarily focused on the UK market the role will also support the Group Craft Manager to deliver the Company's plans and ambitions for the export market.
Working with the Group Craft manager you will define the pricing and marketing strategy and the overall UK Craft strategy.
The role is varied but the main tasks will include :
- Define, develop and contribute to brand building for the UK craft business unit.
- Define and execute the marketing & communication strategy associated actions.
- Define the product strategy (taking account of the technical constraints) which SKU’s, what form, which packaging and what services.
- Business Development - set up and lead appropriate actions to establish and build customer relationships (website development, brochures, events, fairs, discounts and incentives, services)
- Set and agree annual operating budgets and monitor ongoing performance.
- Take responsibility for and lead Craft services to include CRM, technical services, assistance and troubleshooting.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of the Craft agenda.
Of graduate calibre with brewing knowledge or relevant qualification is essential with a strong background in a production/process control environment, ideally within brewing or wine or spirits industries.
Strong commercial acumen with knowledge in marketing/communication and sales strategy development.
A proven track record in Customer Relationship Management and Stakeholder management is required for the role.
The role has an attractive salary, company car and benefits and performance bonus. In addition the role provides a fantastic opportunity to work in a growing sector supported by one of the worlds largest malting Company.
Boortmalt. Masters of Malt