Chief Financial Officer (M/F)
|Reference:||Boort / Finance|
|Role:||Finance / Accounting / Controlling|
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
It has recently raised equity from new investors to support Boortmalt’s growth and it has announced the construction of a Greenfield site in Ethiopia. . For this new entity in Ethiopia, we are seeking a new Chief Financial Officer.
As the CFO for Ethiopia, reporting to the Boortmalt Ethiopia managing director with a dotted line to the Group CFO, you will have overall responsibility for the finance, legal and non-raw materials purchasing team deliverables in a context where the accounting function is outsourced. In that context, you will focus largely on implementing and leading the treasury and controlling activities in your geographical scope and leading the development of corrective actions if needed in order to provide support to local management regarding the decision making in business development strategy and to ensure that Boortmalt Ethiopia is running in compliance with local tax and accounting regulations.
You will also run the Legal, Insurances, Patrimony and Indirect Procurement functions.
You role will involve :
- to set-up and lead the controlling activities : budgeting, forecasting, corporate financial reporting, financial analysis, business plans and lead the development of corrective actions if needed;
- to contribute to Group financial processes improvements and maintain controls integrity.
- to set up the rules and internal processes ( in close collaboration with the GM and with the Group CFO) to minimize the risk of losses (capital, raw material, other Company resources…).
- to liaise with the external accountants and ensure quality and timely monthly accounting closes, tax compliance and clean audits.
- to set-up and lead the treasury activities: cash forecasting, loan authorizations, payment processing, bank relationships. -
- to work with the Operations for setting up adequate inventory controls.
- to set-up and lead the insurance and non-raw materials purchasing activities.
- to set-up and lead the insurance Company schemes and manage the non-raw materials purchasing activities (all but barley and energy).
- to liaise with external lawyers on legal and company secretarial matters.
- to assess the needs of the Finance and non-raw materials purchasing organization and its competences and to build the team accordingly.
In the early phase and as the entity is still in its initial plant building phase, the selected candidate will be part of a small team of “pioneers” and will need to be flexible and take on other tasks that could include for example:
- to liaise with custom agent for equipment import
- to work with banking partner on supply chain financing set-up
Due to the multi-sites nature of our business, frequent travel is essential.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with a Master degree in Finance or equivalent by experience. At least 10 years of experience is required with a strong track record in controlling and financial analysis. Hands-on finance experience in a small to medium company is a must; experience in a larger company is a plus.
In addition, knowledge of MS Office is necessary and affinity with Oracle-JD Edwards is an asset. The successful candidate is proactive and displays strong communication and interpersonal skills. He/she is discrete, flexible and accurate and has an analytical approach. In addition, he/she is a team player and a motivator.
The candidate is fluent in English (written and spoken). A knowledge of French is a plus.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities; an attractive salary and benefits, please submit your application by clicking on the button underneath.