Malting Manager (M/F)
|Location:||AFRICA - Ethiopia|
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the 5th largest malting company globally with more than 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
Our 350 employees spread over 7 countries in Europe are focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types in order to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
We have recently achieved a fund raising to support our ambitious plans to grow, which includes the construction of a malting plant in Ethiopia.
As a Plant Manager based in Ethiopia and reporting to the GM East Africa, you will operate and set strategic goals for the plant within business guidelines and deliver highest quality of product at lowest total cost in line with business objectives.
Your role will involve:
• Liaise with the Commercial & Procurement team to ensure there is an adequate supply of barley to meet production requirements/customer deliveries.
• Maintain the quality of barley on site to in line with malting process.
• Ensure malt is produced that meets quality specifications by overseeing the process – first time right (FTR).
• Create & sustain a centre of excellence for the production of special malts
• Store and despatch all malt to each customer’s expectations.
• Fully participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of Group Quality Systems in conjunction with the Group Technical team, especially on Safety.
• Establish and maintain a high level of customer awareness throughout the team.
• Fully and positively participate in all Group improvement initiatives ensuring any changes to working practices, policies or procedures are communicated to and actively supported by the team.
• Ensure that all contractors working on site and any visiting personnel are made aware of the H & S rules and regulations as they comply to them and as far as reasonably practicable.
• Drive Continuous Improvement on Energy usage in line with Energy Roadmap.
• Lead, motivate, direct and develop site teams through Operational Excellence so that they deliver the highest possible level of personal and collective contribution to the Business Goal.
• Create and maintain a positive results orientated environment where mutual trust, confidence and respect for Boortmalt culture and values prevails.
• Prepare & operate within annual budgets, 5Y BP etc… to deliver agreed business strategic objectives for the site.
• Work with the Engineering Manager in the preparation of the annual capital bid which will maintain the plant and equipment in line with the strategic objectives for the site
• Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with laid down standards including SOP’s, Health, Safety & Environmental etc…
• Ensure compliance with all current legal & statutory obligations including, but not limited to, SHE, HACCP, Environmental, Food Safety and Employment Legislation
• Implement all Group reporting and administration policies, procedures and requirements in all areas of the business.
- The ideal candidate will be graduated preferably in Agriculture/Foods /Science/engineering or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 5 years within managerial operational function ideally in Malting/agri-food or drink industry.
- Fully familiar with Continuous Improvement principles, Energy Management, Process visualisation, Budget and Team Management, Total Safety.
- Fluent English essential.
The successful candidate is proactive and displays strong communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, he/she is a team player and a motivator.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities; an attractive salary and benefits (expatriation package + bonus) please submit your application by clicking on the button underneath.